The world has gone almost 100% virtual doing and running a business online nowadays. It has taken a hit like wildfire, at the same time self-education industries like FVA Freelance Courses like the Web Designer Course have skyrocketed in comparison to last year, where a student can have a Web Designer Job.
So, are you ready to work if given the chance to get hired right away? If your answer is YES, then your skills are guaranteed dependable. How about your work station? NO? Uh oh! Working from Home is not that easy, is it? Well, just continue reading and I will guide on this.
In this article, we are going to tackle the essential setup you having a Web Designer Job must have in order to work efficiently and productively.
Given that your home is your comfort zone, you can move and eat like a monkey that nobody knows at all. You can sneeze out loud without having embarrassment. That’s how comfortable our homes are. So you can have a comfortable working environment based on what you want and how you want it to be. Without bosses or companies telling you what to do about it.
Let’s have the Basic Essentials first for Home Based Web Designer Job:
- Laptop/PC – of course, you are a digital freelancer now. The most basic thing you need is your gadgets especially the LAPTOP and PC.
- Internet – This is your lifeline. Without internet access, you can never use your laptop, especially as a Web Designer. Make sure you have a connection strong enough to support the job.
- HD camera with mic – While others might not even need it as a necessity, as a web designer working for clients, you need it. There is a lot to discuss which cannot be just supported by your written documents alone. In some important instances, you and your client need to talk.
- Noise-cancelling headset – even if you are not working as an ESL, you need a noise-cancelling headset to have a clearer conversation with your client. It is very essential to take instructions clearer as much as possible through verbal discussions than just rely on the written documents.
I have already discussed this essential in the previous article about How to Manage Time Effectively and Productively. Workspace at home can have a lot of distractions from family members asking you for a favour, kids running around, dogs barking, chicken chirping, neighbors yelling etc. It is very important to choose and create your work away from everybody else at home. If you can seal yourself off, do it. The web designer job needs a lot of concentration and focus. If you want to work efficiently and have the best results, have a peaceful working space at home.
Easy Mobility Inside the House
While you might want to lock yourself off inside your workstation at home, make sure you have the access to the toilet, food and water. Situate your working area near the important parts of the house so you won’t drag your time whenever possible. Also, you can avoid further disturbance, like walking long just to get to the toilet you have to pass by some areas where you can get distracted and forgot your aim to just get some water. Thus, your working time is sacrificed.
Place everything you need in your area where you can minimize your long walks at home. Besides, you can always take time for a walk outside your working hours, right?
Have an Ergonomic Setup, if possible
Sitting down all day is not advisable. You will hurt your backbone through it. Prevention is always better than cure. So settle with the things which are necessary for your job. If it requires ergonomics, then buy one. It can undeniably help you destress your muscles. Thus, this can avoid bad posture.
You have to take note as well that Health is wealth. You cannot work efficiently and productively if your health is disturbed. Thus, no one will make a deal with you.
To avoid issues, you may take note the following:
- An adjustable chair that is designed for long periods of sitting
- An ergonomic (curved) keyboard and mouse
- A desk with a keyboard tray or that is otherwise adjustable
- A monitor that is large enough to keep your eyes from straining and has an adjustable height
These things can as well give you comfort and ease.
Feed your comfort
Mind-boggling jobs like freelancing are stressful already. If you can’t feed your comfort the stress level will go up further.
I have known some friends who are comfortable with music, others like to have lots of food on the side, and some also like to have the windows open and working with their pets. Well, if that makes you comfortable then why not go for it?
Do and have whatever which can help your focus be enhanced. It is essential so you could accomplish your tasks and make your clients happy.
Don’t forget to have a bottle full of water beside you. While coffee can make you stay up and give your system antioxidants, you need water more than anything else, to wash out the dirt inside that can make you sick and ruin your capacity to do the job.
Plants, Arts and Scents
Nothing beats the job of a relaxed brain. Plants help motivate our system. From eyes to nose, where all the stress can start, it is very essential to have plants and scents around. Also, the masterpieces of arts which can make you more motivated can also help.
More importantly, have a neatly organized and clean working space. Decluttering can help your brain activate more by not having too much disturbance.
So, are you ready to work now as a Web Designer? Work like you are in a cloud 9. Any kind of job is stressful, so make your environment comfortable.
Earn your Web Designer job now!
This course is great for aspiring or current Freelancers, Virtual Assistants, Website Managers, Web Designers, and Business entrepreneurs who want to learn how to build and design their own website.
- Understanding Web Design and WordPress
- Exploring the CPanel and Installing WordPress
- Exploring the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Web Designing using Page Builders
- Building a Landing Page and Basic Email Marketing
- Building an Online Shop with WooCommerce
- Building a Membership Site
- Basic SEO
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Marketing and Growing your Business
* 10 recorded lessons
* 2 live sessions
* With online certification after course completion
* Free apprenticeship and hiring opportunities
Reserve a slot now!