Freelancing encourages us to embrace self-growth, to update skills, and learning new things. Using WordPress for the first time will discourage you because the environment looks a little technical. Especially, if you have no inclination to designing web and you have no Coach to guide you. WordPress is like a maze that has many clickable links. The links will lead you to another window and then not sure which path brings you to your target direction. Those things are enough for you to quit, however, if you want to apply for online jobs, having a little knowledge of WordPress is an advantage.
Imagine WordPress as pathways to a certain place. For you to reach the place you need to familiarize each path. You may use a map or you may take a drive to locate the place. Taking a drive to the location is better than to just look at it on the map. That is what learning by doing mean.
This theory is the basis of the hands-on activities at the school. It is believed that learners will better understand the topics if they perform it. Since freelancing is about skills, that makes this theory effective to all the virtual assistants.
Here are two effective practices in learning WordPress:
- Have an experimental website. Create a website that serves as your laboratory where you can do your experiments. You can use the free plan of WordPress. This is where you are going to apply all the information you gathered from your research on how to create a website using WordPress. For example, if you want to learn how to add a header image on your website then you have to do it on your experimental website to understand.
- Explore and Internalize. Explore all the commands and sub-commands found in the dashboard of WordPress and internalize it. How to internalize? That’s absorbing the result of your every click. For example, if you click the Pages under the Site menu, you have to pause a little, give time to internalize the result of your triggered command. It is like understanding by heart.
Applying these practices in your WordPress study makes you become familiar with the different commands in a shorter range of time. Remember that every time you are going to add a new skill to your freelancing profiles means a wider coverage of clients.
This course is great for aspiring or current Freelancers, Virtual Assistants, Website Managers, Web Designers, and Business entrepreneurs who want to learn how to build and design their own website.
- Understanding Web Design and WordPress
- Exploring the CPanel and Installing WordPress
- Exploring the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Web Designing using Page Builders
- Building a Landing Page and Basic Email Marketing
- Building an Online Shop with WooCommerce
- Create a Membership Site
- Basic SEO
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Marketing and Growing your Business
- 10 recorded lessons
- 2 live sessions
- With online certification after course completion
- Free apprenticeship and hiring opportunities